A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 11 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City-based BioFire Diagnostics and one subsidiary in Montreal, Canada.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
What are your responsibilities at bioMérieux ?
Reporting directly to the US R&D Product Cybersecurity Leader in charge of bioMerieux products cybersecurity, you are in charge of all Pre-Market and Post-Market cybersecurity assigned to you in cooperation with product teams.
- As a Cloud Product Cybersecurity Specialist, you are a key contributor to the development and strengthening of our cloud products’ cybersecurity interacting at different levels of the organization.
- You help define and carry out priority projects intended to support the activities of all stakeholders involved in the cybersecurity of our cloud products.
- You locally support product cybersecurity processes, Pre-Market and Post-Market activities, with bioMérieux projects and support contacts.
- You manage the activity of our external partners working on topics related to activities of your scope.
- You ensure an active technological, regulatory, and standards surveillance on cybersecurity applied to cloud products transmitting, storing or processing PII and/or PHI.
- You are responsible for the commitments made to internal customers, both within your scope, as well as deliverables, costs and planning.
Relational skills for the position:
- You act as an expert and facilitator with the various actors involved in cloud and other product cybersecurity activities.
- You may act as the person responsible for Pre-Market and Post-Market cybersecurity activities within your team
- You show initiative and are committed to make your subjects, your colleagues and your team progress, locally as well as globally.
- You establish and maintain strong partnership relationships with the R&D contacts involved in securing our products.
- You are responsible to advise on policy and procedural needs and adjustments relating to cloud product security.
- You are responsible for the execution and improvement of our processes and procedures in collaboration with the R&D stakeholders and the product cybersecurity team.
- You contribute to define and monitor the budget items in your scope in close collaboration with your manager.
- You identify and share the projects to be implemented to achieve the expressed ambitions (planning, budget, resources).
- You supervise the performance of external contributors involved in your scope.
Studies and Experience:
At least 5 years of experience in cybersecurity and with knowledge in software development
Skills and Qualifications:
- Sense of initiative and strength of proposal
- Relational skills with a strong aptitude for teamwork in an international context
- In-depth knowledge of cybersecurity and more specifically of the cloud cybersecurity ecosystems and medical devices.
- In-depth knowledge of security risk analysis
- Good understanding of software development cycles, cloud architectures and applicable security controls.
- Knowledge of security standards such as UL2900-1/UL2900-2-1, ISO27001/27002/27017/27018, CMMC would be appreciated.
- Project management fundamentals
- Fluent English (written, oral)
- French language skills are a plus
BioMérieux Inc. and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioMérieux’s or its affiliates’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).