Location: Tokyo, Japan
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Sales & Key Account Management
The Key Account Manager’s main mission is to establish and develop long term relationships with Key Contacts at designated accounts within a defined geographical region in order to sustainably achieve high performance in terms of customer satisfaction, revenue and profitability.
All below activities have to be strongly coordinated with the relevant Strategic Account Managers and ensure coherence with Global Account Plan.
- Establish, strong relationships with local key stakeholders at assigned customer accounts.
- Assess, clarify, validate and quantify the local customer’s existing and unmet needs on an ongoing basis.
- Contribute to the Global Account Plan with a five-year ambition for revenues and profitability and seeking inputs from local team and share the outcomes.
- Create and drive execution of a local / regional yearly Tactical Action Plan per account, to support budget achievement and Global Account Plan.
- Review and agree the local key projects and priorities to work on with the customer, identify and coordinate local resources, and KPI needed to meet the mutually accepted objectives
- Proactively lead the local planning process with customer inputs where appropriate.
- Build the local annual budget in conjunction with the local teams and monitor achievement.
- Contribute to value proposition development efforts and initiatives and implementations that best address our strategic customer needs.
- Contribute to the negotiation and lead the local implementation of either a Master Supply Agreement or terms and conditions including pricing for the assigned customer accounts as required.
- Ensure that agreed pricing is applied at all local customer sites.
- Ensure customer knowledge that is available and shared by maintaining customer records in accordance with company guidelines and tools.
- Organize and lead regular internal and customer facing local business reviews to monitor the performance and identify and implement corrective actions as needed.
- Initiate and/or participate to relevant conferences, trade shows and symposia.
- Scientific or business degree
- From 5 to 8 years of experience for level 7, from 8 to 10 years of experience for level 6 in sales function.
- Experience in business-to-business and/or corporate account sales experience with strong understanding & integration of the strategic selling process and contract management
- Significant experience in territory sales and full knowledge of the product line and its application, under the guidance of more experience National Key Account Managers, learns how to build and cement strong client relationships that support long term sales objectives.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent integrator & negotiator. Ability to judge competitive response to sales strategy and make appropriate adjustments.
- Ability to work out a profitability scheme for the company and the customers
- Financial Indicators (revenue, budget, etc.): Budget A/B perimeter, sales growth
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Profitability, Market share evolution, KA portfolio evolution
- Key Contacts (internal / external) and Interfaces:
Internal (Corporate teams, General Managers, Regional & Local commercial teams and support functions…). External (customer local interlocutors, C-suite, KOL, Distributors…)