This position is responsible for all aspects of product marketing and product management related to the BioFire Joint Infection. This includes assisting and supporting the ASPAC countries, regional management, planning and implementing the marketing and business strategies for the BioFire Joint infection and any additional future panels (as and when required).
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primarily responsible for the pre-launch and launch activities of the BioFire Joint Infection Panel throughout ASPAC. Guide the launch of the panel throughout all ASPAC markets over the first few years. As subsequent BioFire panels are anticipated to be launched in the coming years, this role may take on similar responsibilities for those panels as well.
- Develops necessary marketplace expertise regarding assigned BioFire products including: competitive analysis; customer attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors; medical/scientific/market product knowledge, health-economics and outcome research, and market access issues.
- Supports the Director of BioFire Marketing ASPAC in developing and executing marketing objectives, strategies and tactics for assigned BioFire products within the ASPAC region consistent with overall BioFire marketing plan for the assigned products. Ensures consistency in branding, messaging, and positioning.
- Responsible for product promotion, pricing recommendations, and product positioning, required for commercial success of assigned BioFire products within the ASPAC region.
- Manages, develops, and implements BioFire strategies and tactics. Provides direct support for and works with regional/local Marketing, Sales, and Medical Affairs personnel to ensure successful deployment and execution of tactics.
- Provides product feedback and customer comments to internal partners (BioFire Global Marketing, R&D, Sales, Manufacturing, Regulatory, etc.).
- Coordinates and participates in promotional activities and tradeshows, working with developers, advertisers, and product managers to market products and services.
- Generates sales tools, including sales training, medical value, competitive analysis, and product collateral, and assists in generation of customer communications, manuals, and related product literature.
- Assists in the development of pricing strategies and makes forecasts on anticipated market sales as well as participates in budgetary process.
- Provides training, education and medical/technical assistance to the countries’ local marketing and sales force and customers.
- Participates in long-term competitive strategy, identifying new product opportunities and enhancements.
- Provides regional analysis of competition and potential to sales and marketing management.
- Requires extensive communication and coordination with bioMerieux and BioFire colleagues throughout the ASPAC region, the Americas and Europe.
- Requires extensive subsidiary and customer interaction with approximately 25% travel required.
Training and Education:
This position requires the knowledge and skills normally acquired through completion of a Master of Science or Doctorate degree (MD or PhD) in Medicine, Molecular biology, Biotechnology, Microbiology or any Life Sciences. Additionally, the successful candidate will have a strong understanding of marketing and business. An MBA with Marketing as major is a plus.
- Prior experience launching new IVD/medical device products across the ASPAC region.
- Typically requires 2-3 years of successful commercial sales and/or marketing experience (IVD, medical device, or pharmaceutical highly preferred).
- Knowledge of infectious diseases and their causative pathogens and molecular/microbiology laboratory techniques such as PCR, is highly desired. Proactive attitude, ambition and the confidence necessary to achieve aggressive goals is necessary for success in this position.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft office; PowerPoint, Word and Excel, and contact management databases.
- Should be comfortable and have experience presenting medical/technical information to audiences with various levels of scientific experience.
- Experience with regulated products and understanding of clinical or point of care market.
- Language skills: degree of fluency in English (required) and a major Asian language (Mandarin, Japanese, Korean) (helpful)
- Effective presentation skills are essential
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- Decision making
- Organization and work efficiency/prioritization
- Management skills
- Ability to interact, coordinate and cooperate with a wide variety of internal and external colleagues and customers