A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 11 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City-based BioFire Diagnostics and one subsidiary in Montreal, Canada.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
Lead verification, validation, feasibility and troubleshooting studies for existing bioMérieux Industry Scientific Affairs customers (internal and external) and potential new customers.
Context of the Job and Major Challenges:
- Lead verification and validation of new products and matrices for Industry Microbiology applications.
- Design experiments to develop new products within Scientific Affairs.
- Provide technical support in conducting activities to develop new products.
- Perform in a manner consistent with bioMérieux’s quality policy.
- Provide input to improve or support existing products, methods or techniques.
Dimensions of the Job:
- Responsible for planning and execution of experiments.
- Responsible for compiling and analyzing data
- Responsible for writing reports and preparing abstracts and posters
- Responsible for presenting data to customers and at scientific meetings.
- Lead the timely completion of development and support projects.
- Demonstrate good time management and organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively communicate and work well in a team environment.
- Provides support in performing experimental activities and method development by executing routine and experiment specific tasks.
- Assures compliance of procedures to established protocols and quality standards.
- Applies scientific principles and techniques to tasks and experiments.
- Responsible for data entry and collection.
- Participate in the careful execution of protocols.
- Generates documentation detailing established protocols and procedures in accordance with standards.
- Produces summary reports for all studies.
- Produces customer presentations around those summary reports as needed.
- Produces technical proof sources/posters/oral presentations from data collected.
- Interfaces with customers on an as needed basis.
- Some travel required
Studies and Experience:
- Masters degree or higher in Biology preferably Microbiology or 1+ years laboratory experience after a technical degree
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to run biological, biochemical, immunological, and molecular biology experiments
- Laboratory safety
- Understanding of lab procedures and standard laboratory equipment
- Ability to acquire and perform new laboratory techniques
- Good communication skills in verbal and written English
- Good computer skills (i.e. Excel and MS Word)
- Good organizational skills
- Prolonged standing
- Assist with the emergency evacuation and egress of other individuals experiencing emergency events (for example: loss of consciousness)
- Ability to work with different kinds of food for conducting microbiological experiments
- Ability to work with different food materials and handle food enriched cultures.
- Ability to manage routine laboratory activities
BioMérieux Inc. and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioMérieux’s or its affiliates’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).