A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 11 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City-based BioFire Diagnostics and one subsidiary in Montreal, Canada.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.Job Summary
The Trade Show Coordinator II works independently on and serves in a support role to the Marketing Communications (MarCom) Manager (Events and Trade Shows) and the Trade show Coordinator III on the completion of moderately complex trade shows assigned to the Marketing Communication Team. The Trade Show Coordinator II performs a variety of different tasks including coordinating and lead planning meetings with Marketing lead to gain understanding of trade show purpose and goals, present sponsorship options to Marketing lead, secure exhibitor booth spot, organize sponsorship participation, serve as primary liaison with vendors and show management, project manage booth maintenance, updates and contracts, manage swag and literature inventory, manage outside vendors, manage room blocks, manage on-site install and dismantle of booth, schedule labor, budget tracking and reporting on moderately complex trade shows.
The Trade Show Coordinator II supports multiple moderately complex trade shows simultaneously in different stages of completion. The Trade Show Coordinator II should be comfortable in a leadership role and be able to effectively and efficiently communicate trade show plan details and execution plans under the direction of the MarCom Manager or Trade Show Coordinator III.Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the strategic plan of basic to more complex trade shows.
- Track expenses for trade show budget reconciliation.
- Primary contact for show management and exhibit house for assigned trade shows.
- Guide and participate in creative brainstorming meetings with management and Marketing lead.
- Compile and present sponsorship opportunities to Marketing lead and secure agreed upon opportunities from show management.
- Reserve and secure booth spot from show management.
- Primary liaison with exhibit house vendor to manage booth maintenance, updates, upgrades and inventory.
- Coordinate all service and labor orders including cleaning, electrical, rigging, material handling, insurance, special orders, audio visual needs for each show with exhibit house or show service provider.
- Ensure on-time delivery of trade show materials (literature and swag).
- Manage room blocks.
- Conduct pre- and post – trade show evaluations and report on outcomes.
- Negotiate vendor spends with exhibit house.
- Submit all contract to legal for review and invoices to accounting for payment.
- Verify that all venue and show management rules, regulations, requirements and deadlines are met.
- Coordinate show badges for attendees from show management.
- May coach other Trade Show Coordinators.
Travel throughout the year may be required. QualificationsTraining and Education
- Certified Trade Show Marketer (CTSM) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in trade show coordination.
- Demonstrated proficiency completing basic to more complex trade shows.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or business management is preferred but equivalent professional experience acceptable.
- Working experience with union labor and outside exhibit houses.
- Can effectively work as part of a team, contribute positively to the team with a helpful and respectful attitude.
- Ability to function equally under own initiative and under instruction.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently as part of a fast-paced team.
- Ability to adjust to changes in scheduling, and general flexibility in work environment.
- Ability to stay positive and calm in stressful situations.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong people skills.
- Proficient working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, and able to manage time effectively.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines while paying attention to multiple details.
- Strong networking and multitasking skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Docs.
The ability to occasionally lift 15-20 pounds; remain seated for extended periods of time; and travel short distances often and quickly (i.e., from one meeting to another). Ability to maintain mental focus for extended periods of time.