Sr Director & General Manager, Asean East
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Taguig, Philippines
Position Type: Unfixed Term
The candidate will be based in Philippines and will be part of the Asean leadership team reporting to the General Manager – Asean. He/she will be responsible for and will drive the business growth of the Asean East region comprising Philippines & Guam.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Achieve yearly revenue and profit targets for Asean East by applying strong sales management approaches for local sales team and distributors
- Continuously monitoring sales development and market trends, rapidly defining and implementing actions as needed to ensure forecast accuracy and performance target achievement
- Assess market trends and customer needs development; monitor economic and industry data and proactively address business challenges and opportunities
- In collaboration with GM Asean and Regional Business Managers Asean, develop strategies and long term plans for the future development of the business. Contribute towards building the Budget and defining the 3 years Stratplan.
- Develop detailed business plans and forecasts (including operating expenses) in close collaboration with country teams and distributors
- Design go-to-market strategies to maximize market coverage and share
- Ensure alignment is achieved and that the resources are available to effectively deliver on plans
- Drive internal projects important for the countries by effectively communicating and working cross- functionally with regional and global resources in Finance, HR, marketing, R&D, Regulatory, Supply Chain etc
- Monitor team performance, develop and coach team and provide feedback through performance review and development appraisals. Responsible for defining and building the optimal organization to meet the team’s objectives.
- Effectively collaborate with and lead the work of the direct sales team as well as distributor teams
- Establish high-level, significant relationships with potential clients, customers partners, key opinion leaders, key decision makers and industry leaders (i.e. government or industry associations) promoting the organizations products and services and to actively influence standards, policies and market developments
- Able to conduct business in an ethical way, in compliance with company policies, laws and regulations and industry standards
- Over 10 years’ experience in business functions
- Experience in IVD industry is highly preferred
- Strong sales management skills (including efficient sales channel/distribution management experience)
- Strong ability to develop relationships with customers as well as with local country teams and distributors.
- Able to manage through a combination of organizational authority, influence, sales and product skills and knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills with and at all levels, with strong planning and execution skills
- Languages: proficient in English. Fluency in other Asean languages e.g. Tagalog is highly advantageous