A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 11 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City-based BioFire Diagnostics and one subsidiary in Montreal, Canada.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
- Designs experiments to investigate bacterial growth variables based on knowledge/experience of bacterial physiology.
- Works directly with bacterial growth media formulations, antibiotic stocks, bacteria, solvents and diluents.
- Performs activities related to product development and support, including experimental planning and execution as well as creation of detailed documentation.
- As team leader designs experiments to optimize technical performance (conduct and analyze relevant bibliographic surveys to support this activity).
- Creates and presents reports on conducted experiments.
- Generates documentation detailing established protocols and procedures in accordance with standards.
- Responsible for accurate data analysis process as well as contribute to the interpretation of results together with the team and deduces further work to be carried out.
- Contributes to the ongoing activities relative to laboratory operations.
- Contributes to continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Prioritizes activities to meet deadlines.
Studies and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or higher in Cellular Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, or Chemistry
- 5 years work experience in a microbiology or chemistry lab.
- Experience with experimental design
- Experience with analytical balance, pH meters, serial dilutions, stock preparations
- Experience with antibiotic susceptibility testing methods and interpretation, VITEK 2 and broth micro-dilution experience is preferred.
- Experience with aseptic technique and handling bacteria.
- Experience with graphical analysis
- Experience with good laboratory practice, laboratory safety and standard laboratory equipment.
- Ability to acquire, learn and perform new laboratory techniques.
- Analytical thinking
- Collaborative attitude for department and inter-departmental activities both within the US and internationally
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams
- Good written and oral communication in English.
- Good computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Spotfire).
- Good organizational skills.
BioMérieux Inc. and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioMérieux’s or its affiliates’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).