A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 44 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
Geographical Scope : METER Cluster (Middle East, Turkey, Emirates, Russia)
Under the supervision of the Senior Director & Compliance Officer EME&A, the Compliance Manager will provide compliance expertise and guidance to METER (Middle East/Turkey/Emirates/Russia) Cluster Commercial business partners and support functions to enable decision-making that stays within ethical boundaries while still optimizing business performance. You will ensure that the Ethics & Compliance program which includes inter alia anti-corruption/anti-bribery, interactions with Health Care Professionals, third party management risks, conflict of interest, etc is effectively implemented.
This position will be based in Dubai, UAE will frequent travel throughout the METER Cluster.
What will your responsibilities be within bioMérieux?
- Provide day-to-day support, strategic advice, and problem-solving expertise to METER leadership to ensure that business operations are conducted in full compliance, acting as an independent gatekeeper for high risk business activities
- Manage the localization and implementation of the core elements of the Ethics & Compliance Program in the METER Region, in accordance with local laws, and in coordination with METER Local Compliance Teams.
- Monitor relationships and implements compliance action plans related to high risk third parties, including distributors and healthcare professionals
- Advocate and develop a strong compliance culture within the business through day-to-day advice, communication, and regularly training bioMérieux employees and high risk third parties, including distributors.
- Investigate complaints/reports and ensure enforcement of corrective/disciplinary actions, as assigned by the Senior Director & Compliance Officer EME&A
- Develop, review, and edit METER compliance policies relevant to local operations
- Identify risks/gaps based on current internal processes and regular review of external environment and legal/regulatory developments in the region, and recommend improvements for METER, EME&A or Corporate compliance program
- Represent bioMérieux at Compliance meetings organized by IVD local and Regional METER associations (Mecomed and local IVD associations)
- Work effectively with other functional teams (Legal/Finance/Medical/Purchasing/etc.) to identify current and prospective Ethics & Compliance risks, including communications, investigations and related programs, and help enhance procedures to enable bioMérieux to effectively manage these risks.
- An anticipated 80% dedication to the METER Cluster, and 20% to the EME&A/Corporate topics.
Who are you?
Studies and Experience :
- Bachelor’s degree in Compliance and/or Legal, with at least 7 years in-house legal or compliance experience strongly preferred in the medical device, biotech or healthcare industry.
- Languages: Fluent English and Arabic, Turkish would be a plus.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of laws, codes, and regulations surrounding marketing to health care professionals and anticorruption regulations
- Possess unquestionable reputation for ethics and integrity, personal values, and solid character.
- High emotional intelligence and engagement skills
- Maturity and decisiveness, including the ability to frame issues to support quick decision-making as well as an understanding of business to know how and when to escalate issues.
- Highly proactive and partnership-oriented approach
- Ability to logically analyze topics and address them pragmatically, working with stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Model resilience and flexibility; adapts well to new circumstances and adversity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.