A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 11 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City-based BioFire Diagnostics and one subsidiary in Montreal, Canada.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
Develop and manage equipment maintenance strategies and sustain maintenance and integrity improvement efforts by applying the principles of reliability engineering to: reduce the risk of loss or failure, manage physical assets through good maintenance practices, and increase the probability that equipment will perform its purpose (without failure under stated conditions for a specified period of time). Execute assigned projects to ensure assets are efficiently maintained to minimize scrap and rework while maximizing OEE, cost of finished goods, and yield. Function as the Durham site local Computerized Maintenance and Calibration Management System Administrator (CMMS/CCMS).
- Monitor and drive the effectiveness of the Reliability program.
- Administer the CMMS/CCMS system (Blue Mountain Regulatory Asset Manager)
- Oversee creation and maintenance of site Reliability Plans, Equipment Maintenance Strategies, Bad Actor Analyses, Equipment Failure Risk Analyses.
- Maintain the PM, PdM and Condition Monitoring programs within the maintenance department, planner/schedulers, contractors and OEMs.
- Evaluate and trend critical equipment performance and history including mean time between failures, mean time to repair, etc.
- Ensure that required changes to spare parts program, Bill of Materials, etc are documented and communicated.
- Identify Bad actors by analyzing equipment history using CMMS data, spare parts utilization, PdM history, etc.
- PM Optimization Program - review the existing maintenance program for opportunities to:
- Identify and remove low value-added tasks
- Revise PM intervals based on task type, asset usage, environment, and industry guidelines
- Replace time-based intrusive tasks with condition based non-intrusive tasks
- Ensure all tasks are tied to a failure mode
- Strengthen work packages (task instructions, parts, and tools)
- Shift tasks from Maintenance to Operations when the program would be better served by having the Production Department perform the task during routine surveillance
- Evaluate repeated failures and develop proactive strategies to minimize the occurrence of the failures
- Develop procedures and specifications for the reliability maintenance aspects of existing and new equipment, and help in planning shutdowns.
- Ensure that change control requirements including testing and documentation are adhered to at all times.
- Perform all work in compliance with company quality procedures and standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Studies and Experience:
- BS in a technical discipline, preferably in Industrial and Systems Engineering, plus 0-3 years of relevant experience or AAS in a technical discipline with 5 years of relevant experience required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge and application of reliability methodologies and tools (e.g. Root Cause Analysis, FMEA, Structured problem solving), Lean and Six Sigma is desired
- Self-Directed – Able to work towards specific goals and objectives with limited daily oversight
- Spreadsheet and Word Processing (Excel, Word)
- Able to perform some level of cost analysis and work within a structured budget
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated and be able to quickly ramp-up on the understanding of existing plant processes
- Strong communication and technical writing ability
- Ability to work individually and within teams. Must have the ability to exchange information on a daily basis.
- Willing to ask for help when needed.
- Proactive, sees the need to act before being asked.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs, ladders, ramps, and the like.
BioMérieux Inc. and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioMérieux’s or its affiliates’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).