A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 11 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City-based BioFire Diagnostics and one subsidiary in Montreal, Canada.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
Provide Lab IT technical support, training, troubleshooting, and project management to internal and external customers for the diagnostic test systems marketed by bioMèrieux. Items under the Lab IT umbrella include but are not limited to: LIS interfaces, networking, middleware solutions, data management software, integration engine projects, remote device management.
- Assist with bioMerieux middleware implementation projects and tasks to meet deadlines in support of organizational objectives
- Ensure connection of the bioMerieux middleware solution to customer Laboratory Information Systems by coordinating resources internally and externally
- Answer internal and external customer inquiries per established guideline and document in CRM system; consult as appropriate with Lab IT Specialist, Application Specialist, System Engineer, Field IT Specialist, Management, Global Customer Support.
- Demonstrate problem solving and troubleshooting skills for remote/phone support as well as on-site Lab IT support.
- Assist with launch/implementation of new systems by learning new products, providing input to development of documentation and troubleshooting procedures for all systems.
- Manage Lab IT projects and tasks efficiently in support of corporate objectives.
- Obtain CRM certification; execute investigation process and apply as needed.
- Provide consistent follow up to ensure customer satisfaction and meet minimum key performance indicators.
- Perform on-call duties as needed to provide 24-hour technical support to customers.
- Contribute to revenue generation initiatives through promotion of value-added projects and services.
Studies and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Laboratory Technology, a related technical field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 – 3 years previous experience as a Lab/Medical Technologist or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 - 5 years previous experience in support of LIS interfaces, servers, software applications, hardware, middleware and computers.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years previous end-user and/or support experience with systems marketed by bioMerieux
- Experienced in resolving customer problems and providing a high level of customer satisfaction
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be able to work independently, effectively multitask to meet deadlines and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Project management software tools
- Proficient in Windows OS, MS Office programs.
- Exhibit good interpersonal and diplomacy skills, excellent verbal and written capabilities through previous experiences such as teaching, sales, or management.
- Exhibit good decision-making ability, including problem resolution.
BioMérieux Inc. and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioMérieux’s or its affiliates’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).