A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 44 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
An exciting new vacancy has arisen for a Business Developer Infectious Diseases. In this role you will be recognised as the expert for our Infectious Diseases solutions through product technical aspect and medical value, focused on targeted customers across England & Wales with some accounts being National.
This role will work closely with Account Managers across the territories of England and Wales. You maybe expected to travel across the whole of the UK & Ireland as and when is needed.
What will your responsibilities be at bioMérieux?
Main accountabilities include:
- Be recognised as the expert for our Infectious Diseases solution (VITEK 2, VITEK MS Prime, Blood Culture, PCT, BCID2) focused on targetted customers across England & Wales
- Analyse strategic decision making in the hospital and understand customer needs
- Completion of CRM to capture competitor assets, customer contacts and reporting of all sales events.
- Identify and convince decision makes and influencers, key opinion leaders (KOLs) propose technical and clinical solutions ( Clinicians and C-Suite). Prepare financial proposal in collaboration with account manager.
- Collect insights from healthcare providers regarding the clinical and diagnostic management of Infectious Diseases to prepare the way for more appropriate and wider usage of the products.
- Create a network and full understanding of sepsis solutions within each territory to increase consumption of the installed base and explore for new potential.
- Collaborate closely with Account Managers to have the best synergy with other bioMérieux products
- Participate in pre sales works and provide tenders support.
- Organize interface between decision makers and key player in the company and participate to regional congresses.
- Ensure a sufficient number of visits respecting the “norm”/objective set in the territory. Respect the basics of bioMérieux Sales Excellence principles.
- Ensure the compliance of sales activities, commercial policy, and company policies.
- Any other duties as required.
Who are you?
- Bachelor of science in biology/infectious diseases ideally with a specialisation in Microbiology, AMR/AMS and a combined business degree.
- Significant experience in sales role, ideally in clinical environment
- Knowledge of the bioMérieux offer and the competing offer
Competencies and Required Skills:
- Cutting-edge scientific understanding and technical expertise in microbiology diagnostics is a plus
- Product knowledge and ability to develop scientific communication/promotional initiatives
- Analytical and decision making skills
- Excellent business and strategic planning and execution capabilities with drive for results
- Passionate about achieving timelines taking cost and quality into consideration
- Customer focus
- Ability to develop and foster peer-to-peer, credible relationships with health-care professionals
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of relevant ethical and legal guidelines and high compliance with external guidelines as well as internal standard operating procedures
A competitive offer with training, car or cash allowance, pension and other benefits are part of the package.
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.