A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 11 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City-based BioFire Diagnostics and one subsidiary in Montreal, Canada. Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
- The purpose of this position is to accomplish the installation, repair, and maintenance to operating specifications of a variety of production line equipment.
- Preventive Maintenance
- Complete Preventive Maintenance work orders prior to the completion due date.
- Review Line Maintenance work instructions and modify as needed.
- Notify supervision of any PM inadequacies or parts shortages.
- Complete preventive maintenance with no negative impact to production. Work the PM’s in as opportunities arise in the Production schedule.
- Perform component rebuilds as time allows.
- Predictive Maintenance
- Support the predictive maintenance program. Work on the areas assigned by your supervisor.
- Corrective Maintenance
- Follow proper procedures and techniques.
- Determine what tools are needed to effectively complete work orders.
- Determine if the corrective maintenance job is one of a repetitive nature. If so, develop a PM to eliminate the reoccurrence.
- Quickly respond to line calls for machine repairs and adjustments.
- Maintain production equipment to run at required specifications.
- Set up or adjust equipment for Production’s scheduling needs.
- Assemble or modify equipment as warranted.
- Install and set up new equipment.
- Relocate machinery for specialty jobs.
- Coordinate activities with Facilities Maintenance as required.
- Support safety activities such as safety audits and adherence of wearing personal protective equipment.
- Support APT and TPM activities by being an active participant.
- Interface with the storeroom. If a part is not stocked, but should be, inform the Storeroom Coordinator.
- Identify and help resolve recurring maintenance problems.
- Complete training on new installations and modifications to existing equipment. Complete training on various topics.
- Participate in root cause analysis,
- Be accessible to people on the plant floor to discuss problems and ideas.\
- Maintain good relationships with Production, Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Facilities Maintenance.
- Work overtime as needed to ensure the required labor resource needs are met.
- Fill out time cards in a timely manner.
- Consult with other maintenance personnel as warranted to discuss issues that effect the operations of the maintenance department.
- Make sure the correct changes to the yearly schedule are completed.
- Reasonable, reliable attendance and punctuality is an essential job function required for this position.
Studies and Experience:
BioMérieux Inc. and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioMérieux’s or its affiliates’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).