A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 11 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City-based BioFire Diagnostics and one subsidiary in Montreal, Canada.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture as a Material Handler.
Responsible for the physical movement, support, and administrative tasks involved in receiving, prepacking, shipping, storing, and support of finished goods material from manufacturing.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Receive, ship, store, and transfer material for use in manufacturing.
- Perform the related transactions, bin maintenance, and maintain shelving for the stocking of material.
- Break down, clean, organize, and prep raw material ready for manufacturing in accordance to procedure and production requirements.
- Perform real time daily replenish of material to the floor in a “Just in Time” manner to never run the line dry, yet to also ensure inventory is minimized in the line.
- Utilize warehouse management software and mobile tools to distribute and transact material to the floor at direct movement of material. This includes the use of tablets, barcode scanners, and label printers.
- Utilize the Kanban replenishment process to ensure material is pulled in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform movement of mail, office supplies, and non-production materials to designated drop off points.
- Log, label, track, and enter material lot information into the Production execution system.
- Practice lean manufacturing and good housekeeping principles such as 6S.
- Coordinate, communicate, and signal replenishment of material from the various stock locations to production.
- Aid in the identification, movement, and disposition of non-conforming material.
- Maintain Kanban levels and update as production requirements demand.
- Receive, inspect, store, and properly control the integrity of perishable materials.
- Transact, store, and properly maintain the transactional integrity of material.
- Make inventory adjustments within authorized parameters.
- Suggest and make improvements.
- Inspect, clean, prep and insure the quality of material for production.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Spare Parts: Responsiblefor Spare Parts to support Production Line Maintenance, administrative tasks involved in replenishing, receiving, storing, issuing parts to an asset location to where the parts are being consumed.
- Work closely with other Material Handlers.
- Maintain inventory and transactional accuracy of inventory.
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of warehouses.
Training and Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- APICS training preferred.
- This is an entry-level role. No previous experience is required; however, previous directly related experience is preferred.
- Inventory, warehouse, shipping and/or, receiving experience preferred.
- Materials handling experience within the medical device industry, including working with the FDA regarding control of materials for instruments and chemistry, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to handle and move many packages in a timely and efficient manner.
- Prefer understanding of inventory control principles, warehouse management, and receiving functions.
- Prefer experience using ERP and Warehouse management software.
- Ability to proficiently use MS Office software.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to load and unload raw material and finished goods at various locations in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without assistance, which may include another person or lifting device
- Standing and/or lifting at least 50% of work-time