The Outpatient Market Sales Specialist is expected to reside and have strong professional relationships within the assigned territory . The Outpatient Market Sales Specialist will manage sales performance of the CLIA Waived FilmArray system and FA Moderate Complex panels designed for Physician Office Labs (POL) with Moderate Complex certification. The individual will be expected to provide input into marketing programs, sales programs, product forecasts, customer support programs, and product development. The OM Sales Specialist will be accountable for achieving or exceeding revenue goals. Candidates are expected to reside in the specified territory
A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 11 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City-based BioFire Diagnostics and one subsidiary in Montreal, Canada.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture as a Outpatient Market Sales Specialist!
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grow sales of the CLIA Waived FilmArray system.
- Build and grow sales for the POL Moderate Complex Market.
- Meet and exceed annual sales and MBO goals.
- Prospect, develop, and implement strategies to penetrate IDN ambulatory customers to grow and maintain a prominent business presence.
- Develop sound business plan to penetrate non-acute IDN and specialty POL segments. Forecast, plan and execute business objectives so as to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Work in a matrix environment vis-à-vis Territory Sales Managers, Medical Educational Liaisons, Regional Sales Directors and Corporate Account Managers. Collaborate; coordinate in order to close business system wide.
- Work closely with Marketing providing real time feedback from customers aligned with long term OM strategy and executable field tactics.
- Maintain in-house relationships with Marketing, R&D, Service, Legal and other key functions to facilitate an environment of “easy to do business” with the customer.
- Develop and maintain key customer reference sites and relationships.
- Manage expenses within annual budget.
- Support other bioMerieux/BioFire sales efforts such as trade shows, national GPO conventions, and regional sales meetings.
- Support bioMerieux/BioFire product development efforts by providing customer feedback.
- Produce Quality Work. Exhibit accuracy, thoroughness, promptness, and consistently produce work that achieves stated results. Exhibit dependability and demonstrate commitment to quality.
Training and Education:This position requires the knowledge and skills normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field.
- 3(+) years of successful sales experience desired
- Successful experience managing through others and being part of an effective team is required
- Proactive attitude, ambition, and the confidence necessary to achieve aggressive goals is required
- The knowledge of molecular biology and microbiology laboratory techniques such as PCR, is highly desired
- In vitro diagnostic (IVD) capital equipment and reagent sales experience is desired
- Point-of-care (POC) sales experience desired
- Health System, National Accounts, GPO, and IDN contract sales experience is desired
- Experience presenting clinical / technical / business information to audience with various levels of scientific experience is desired
- Must be familiar with Microsoft office and customer relationship management (CRM) systems
- Laboratory experience is desired
- Strong strategic prospecting skills
- Strong communication and people skills
- The ability to self-motivate
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- The ability to learn, master, and share complex technical information
Should be able to lift 55-65 lbs. comfortably.
Should be able to manage physical requirements necessary for frequent travel.
This position requires successful completion of background checks, drug screens, and other such consumer reports as necessary for vendor credentialing purposes.