A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 11 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City-based BioFire Diagnostics and one subsidiary in Montreal, Canada.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
The Growth Segment Marketing Manager will oversee the company’s strategy for the target segments that represent growth opportunities for the US Food business. This includes newly developing markets identified as attractive for investment where bioMérieux has applicable technology and solutions today but does not have strong brand awareness. In addition, this position will maintain a clear understanding of developing segments on the horizon and assist in positioning the organization to be maximally effective in expansion of new business opportunities. A key function will be the execution of the annual marketing action plan for designated growth segments to include investment needs, asset development, guidance of R&D and technical teams to meet evolving market needs, competitive assessment and forecasting of trends, as well as defining campaign and communication initiative and their respective ROI. This is accomplished by executing the annual Market action plan around the Growth segments defined with the leadership team for the Food business. This position does not manage specific product ranges but will work closely with the product teams to ensure full alignment of the bioMérieux portfolio to support the above actions. It is expected that the Growth Segment owner will leverage best practices and develop innovative programs to create awareness, drive leads, acquire new customers, increase product adoption and expand awareness of bioMérieux Industrial Microbiology solutions in the United States. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in Strategic B2B Marketing and Communications with a life science, diagnostic, or food company. They will be expected to work independently with only a moderate level of supervision, but pro-actively collaborate with colleagues, customers, key opinion leaders, service providers, and other relevant industry stakeholders. They must be well organized and flexible, enjoy the challenges of working in a matrix organization, and with diverse people (cross-culturally) and projects. The ability to interact with colleagues at various levels of the organization in a fast-paced environment, while remaining dynamic, proactive and resourceful, with high levels of professionalism, responsiveness, and attention to detail, are all crucial to this role.
- Design, implement, and facilitate an industry marketing plan for the region that will enhance bioMérieux’s image and position within the marketplace. Use resources developed in supporting US needs to further support the AMERICAS marketing teams in the target segments.
- Coordination and organization with marketing and sales teams of key congresses and symposiums. Help organize speaking opportunities, media plans before, during and after events.
- Build, launch and report on Marketing Communications and Marketing campaigns aligned with regional and local Industrial Microbiology business strategy and tactics.
- Drive successful regional segment marketing efforts through SEO, SEA, social media channels, web analytics, social media monitoring, and integrated offline activities with close collaboration with the digital marketing manager for the region.
- Collaborate closely with global, regional and local marketing, and cross-functional, teams to design and implement a strategy that reaches diverse stakeholders in target segments, positively impacts business performance, and enhances brand presence and reputation.
- Measure and report performance of marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs), competitors’ marketing efforts, and life sciences industry standards.
- Maximize utility of available budgets, operate within relevant budgets, and ensure expenses are accounted for in line with company policies and procedures.
- Support Sales in meeting or exceeding the market or specific segment revenue targets and growth objectives with targeted marketing activities.
- Supervise and define Market research activities related to the successful implementation of the Marketing Plans.
Studies and Experience:
- BS in a science/business related field. MBA with marketing focus is desired.
- 5+ years’ experience in Marketing or Sales within an agency or industry environment, including Digital Marketing, with strategy development and execution of Marketing Automation, content marketing, social media communications and management, Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Advertising.
- Certifications on google analytics, salesforce/CRM/Pardot, data driven marketing programs are a plus
- Relevant commercial and/or B2B marketing experience, ideally in life sciences or healthcare industry or agency supporting the food industry in particular
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills, organisational skills, teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Proficiency in French / Spanish would be highly regarded.
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines, professionally managing competing priorities.
- Strong MS Office skills including PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel and Word, and experience with web-based platforms for relationship management (Salesforce.com, LinkedIn, Researchgate, Drupal etc.).
- Ability to travel, domestically and internationally (approx. 20% of work time).
- Willingness and ability to comply with bioMérieux Corporate Business Ethics & Compliance policies.
- Experience working in a matrix organization in multinational companies would be advantageous.
- Must have good organization, people, and communication skills.
- Have the ability to work efficiently and effectively and lead by example.
- Knowledge of the Food market highly preferred
- Profound understanding of how to develop a Marketing Plan and how to implement it
- Knowledge of the bioMérieux Food product line is desirable.
- Excellent integrator and negotiator, results oriented.
- Ability to work with & influence people without formal authority.
- Excellent presentation skills to all levels of decision makers.
- Excellent communicator of “value proposition” to potential clients.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to develop financial proposals.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Career development opportunities in a leading global diagnostics company with a pioneering spirit.
- Travel and work opportunities in a company with an international vision of a world without borders.
- Work in a multicultural environment, and one that respects gender equality and diversity.
- A role having autonomy with support, scope with direction, and flexibility but focus.
- Solutions for customers characterized by innovative technologies and real value to users.
- Work as a professional marketer engaging internal and external collaborators.
- Access to training & development opportunities through periodic and ad hoc courses delivered through Mérieux University.
BioMérieux Inc. and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioMérieux’s or its affiliates’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).