This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Chicago, United States
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Marketing
A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 44 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network. This includes our SLC site, formerly known as BioFire Diagnostics.
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND OVERALL OBJECTIVE OF THE ROLE:
The purpose of this job is to define and lead the overarching marketing and communications strategy and to develop positioning, winning messaging frameworks, and value propositions with distinction for the strategic growth segments identified for the US Food business. Create and execute annual marketing plans, manage strategic tradeshows and events, accurately forecast segment revenue performance, and identify and recommend emerging strategic segments to enter. Strategic growth segments examples may include: Cannabis, Nutraceuticals and Produce.
REPORTING & RELATIONSHIPS:
This position reports to the Associate Director of Segment Marketing, US FOOD. Key collaborators will include the regional FOOD business team, Americas and global IND marketing and communications units. The position will be based in the United States.
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
The job directly affects the development of communications, messaging and content for bioMérieux business interests in the US. This role integrates and collaborates with Segment and Product Marketers from the respective business units of FOOD as well as sales leaders, data analysts, finance, strategic business managers, and external agencies.
Objectives include delivering marketing qualified leads to sales by creating compelling content, sales-enablement initiatives, and utilizing data intelligence to make informed recommendations for business growth.
Routine internal contact with Product and Segment Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, Customer Support, Field Service and Customer Service.
DIMENSIONS OF THE JOB:
Marketing dimensions: In partnership with sales partners, work to define compelling value proposition and establish a leadership role for the bioMérieux product solutions within defined market segments. An important criteria for this role is to cascade content and best practices within these segments to global marketing counterparts.
Human Resources dimensions: Grow and develop strategic capability within marketing team.
Financial dimensions: Supports the achievement of fiscal year revenue targets, growth objectives of the respective business units it supports.
This position requires ability to take initiative as well as work independently and with integrity. Additional behavioural competencies should include adaptability, flexibility and ability to work under pressure, good time management skills and good communication all while leading a team of individuals, directly or indirectly, to leverage each of their strengths in order to be successful. The ability to work both strategically and tactically, with focus on vision and an eye for detail is imperative to success.
· Establishing or evolving value proposition for the growth segments, delivering actionable marketing collateral within all channels of marketing.
· Create compelling stories around our segment solutions by way of video, white papers, articles and other mediums to drive customer awareness and engagement.
· Meet KPIs against paid, earned and owned media channels.
· Deliver ongoing content for owned digital assets (social, web etc)
· Support ad hoc requests of leadership team, facilitate marketing and customer workshops as needed
· Maximize utility of available budgets, operate within relevant budgets, and ensure expenses are accounted for in line with company policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE JOB
· Education: BS in a science/business related field and/or equivalent experience with bioMérieux is required. MBA with marketing focus is desired.
· 5+ years’ experience in Marketing or Sales within an agency or industry environment, including Digital Marketing, with strategy development and execution of Marketing Automation, content marketing, social media communications and management, SEO and SEA.
· Certifications on google analytics, salesforce/CRM/Pardot, data driven marketing programs are a plus
· Relevant commercial and/or B2B marketing experience, ideally in life sciences or healthcare industry or agency supporting the food industry in particular
· Strong interpersonal skills, organisational skills, teamwork and collaboration skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Proficiency in French / Spanish would be highly regarded.
· Ability to multitask and work within deadlines, professionally managing competing priorities.
· Strong MS Office skills including PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel and Word, and experience with web-based platforms for relationship management (Salesforce.com, LinkedIn, Researchgate, Drupal etc.).
· Ability to travel, domestically and internationally (approx. 20% of work time).
· Willingness and ability to comply with bioMérieux Corporate Business Ethics & Compliance policies.
· Experience working in a matrix organization in multinational companies would be advantageous.
· Must have good organization, people, and communication skills.
· Have the ability to work efficiently and effectively and lead by example.
· Knowledge of the Food market highly preferred
· Profound understanding of how to develop a Marketing Plan and how to implement it
· Knowledge of the bioMérieux Food product line is desirable.
· Excellent integrator and negotiator, results oriented.
· Ability to work with & influence people without formal authority.
· Excellent presentation skills to all levels of decision makers.
· Excellent communicator of “value proposition” to potential clients.
· Excellent analytical skills and ability to develop financial proposals.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Career development opportunities in a leading global diagnostics company with a pioneering spirit.
· Travel and work opportunities in a company with an international vision of a world without borders.
· Work in a multicultural environment, and one that respects gender equality and diversity.
· A role having autonomy with support, scope with direction, and flexibility but focus.
· Solutions for customers characterized by innovative technologies and real value to users.
· Work as a professional marketer engaging internal and external collaborators.
· Access to training & development opportunities through periodic and ad hoc courses delivered through bioMérieux University.
This position requires 20-30% overnight travel. In addition to the ongoing training, challenging, motivating, and development of one’s direct reports so as to provide a natural career path with future opportunities for the individuals, so long as they are consistent with bioMérieux and its policies in this area.
BioMérieux Inc. and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioMérieux’s or its affiliates’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).