A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 11 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City-based BioFire Diagnostics and one subsidiary in Montreal, Canada.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture as an Engineering Project Manager.
This individual leads various project teams within the Engineering department. His/her main responsibility is to ensure that assigned projects are completed on schedule and meet quality objectives. This individual develops project plans, sets schedules, secures resources, makes technical decisions as necessary, provides status reports, and ensures all project documentation is completed in accordance with BFDX’s Quality System. This individual is expected to work and communicate well with team members, other departments, and Executive Management to meet the goals of assigned projects.
- Performs all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of the BioFire Diagnostics Quality System.
- Develops project plans, including scheduling and milestones. Maintains these plans and schedules, updating as necessary.
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Works with other Engineering Project Managers and Engineering Management to allocate resources for projects.
- Provides recurring project updates to Management and other departments.
- Manages and trains multi-discipline engineering project teams:
- Communicates with team members and disseminates project information
- Manages roles and responsibilities of team members, ensuring all engineers understand their role and the interdependencies within the project team
- Motivates team members and provides incentives and morale boosters as necessary
- Ensures projects are developed to BFDX’s design control processes.
- Maintains project Design History File and ensure all documentation meets project and team needs, and is completed in accordance with BFDX’s Quality System.
- Provides technical oversight of projects, and makes technical decisions as necessary to keep project on schedule.
- Receives oversight from an Engineering Project Manager III or above. Mentors other engineers and more junior Engineering Project Managers.
- Project timelines (based on available resources) and task lists
- Project resource allocation.
- Assists the engineering team with technical decisions which require cross functional support.
Studies and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalentrequired in Engineering or Management.
- 7 years of experience in engineering, and/or project management
- Experience working in a heavily regulated industry.
- Experience with medical device industry
- Experience with injection molding systems
Skills and Qualifications:
- Project Management
- Microsoft Visio, Project and Powerpoint.
- Communication, within team and among departments
- Communication and negotiation
- Microsoft Office, including Project, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Work Breakdown Structures
- Gantt Charts