A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 11 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City-based BioFire Diagnostics and one subsidiary in Montreal, Canada.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
Perform all aspects of electronic design from the initial feasibility stage to manufacturing release for use in medical diagnostic equipment. Using knowledge of schematic design, EMC, analysis, debug, and PCB layout, supports and optimizes instrument manufacturing activities. Provide SME support for existing product lines.
- Lead in the definition, proof of concept, development, implementation and/or support of electrical designs to support department projects and objectives in the manufacture of medical devices.
- Troubleshoot and utilize problem-solving tools to resolve issues with process and/or product.
- Remain current on technological advancement in the relevant area of expertise.
- Ensure quality of deliverables by following the appropriate design practices and departmental procedures for design control and regulatory compliance.
- Create appropriate documentation such as technical communications, reports, meeting notes, change management, and other relevant technical documentation.
- Prioritize activities within the scope of the assignments to ensure schedules and quality of work is successfully achieved.
- Participate in material planning activities.
- Perform reviews related to risk analysis, change control, verification, validation, and other functions within the department.
- Define, review, and check product Bill of Materials (BOM), assembly instructions, and test procedures for implementation into Manufacturing.
- Work cross functionally with internal departments and lead project teams.
- Mentor less experienced team members to facilitate technical development and increase knowledge of business practices.
- BSEE with 8+ years of engineering experience or MSEE with 5+ years of engineering experience (if no degree, 13 years of relevant experience performing engineering functions)
- Experience in PCBA design (component selection, specification adherence, understanding of PCBA layout and design principles, analog and embedded systems).
- Experience with PCBA CAD (Altium preferred) and simulation tools.
- Experience with design for EMI/EMC, UL, and CE.
- Experience managing large scale projects requiring multiple team members and launch schedules beyond 6 months.
- Basic understanding in programming techniques (e.g. C, C++, Python) and/or script writing (using Labview, Arduino, PLCs, or similar)
- Experience with FDA, QSR and ISO quality systems. (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of electro/mechanical production processes.
- Knowledge of PCBA manufacturing processes (e.g. ICT, AOI, DFM, solder processes, etc.)
- Quality and completeness of documentation.
- Ability to articulate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to self-manage multiple assignments and tasks to keep schedule deadlines intact.
- Ability to communicate with team members and other groups effectively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Project)
BioMérieux Inc. and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioMérieux’s or its affiliates’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).