A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 11 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City-based BioFire Diagnostics and one subsidiary in Montreal, Canada.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
- Technical and managerial position with expertise in whole genome sequencing (WGS)
- Direct experience with whole genome sequencing such as preparing DNA for WGS, making sequencing libraries, running the instrument, QC of the results, data analysis, instrument maintenance
- Computer science / Large scale bioinformatic analysis skills
- Support the development of marketable products and technologies by organizing, assigning responsibilities, implementing priorities and coordinating group activities by means of project plans reviews and their follow-up.
- Serves as technical expert and provides support for sequencing activities.
- Participates in resource and budget planning for the department and projects.
- Accountable for management and development of people, mentors key individuals, assuring the integrity of the performance management process and individual development/training plans; may recommend salary evolutions. Continuously develops people and improves technical and scientific excellence in the team.
- Acts as an arbitrator between conflicting objectives and facilitates the interactions between team members and other departments.
- Creates procedures in accordance to department/project/program needs. Contributes to process improvement initiative.
Studies – Experience
- Master degree/engineering degree or higher in Biology/Bioinformatic.
- >/= 5 years work experience in sequencing.
- Experience with whole genome sequencing (wetlab) is required.
- Experience with bioinformatics tools (Blast, Resfinder, CLC workbench, Galaxy) is required
- Experience with programming language (Python, R) is desired
- Experience with good laboratory practice, laboratory safety and standard laboratory equipment.
- Ability to work & collaborate with different departments and to develop/manage key relationships.
- Ability to develop and mentor direct reports for professional growth.
- Critical and Analytical thinking
- Collaborative attitude for department and inter-departmental activities both within the US and internationally
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
BioMérieux Inc. and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioMérieux’s or its affiliates’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).