A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 11 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City-based BioFire Diagnostics and one subsidiary in Montreal, Canada.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
The Cleaning Technician 3 position is responsible for the disassembly inspecting parts/assembly and cleaning of critical equipment associated with manufacturing equipment in the production of BacT/Alert bottles in a cGMP compliant manner.
- Responsible for the cleaning of the manufacturing area and following of the appropriate departmental cleaning procedures.
- Execute production activities per approved Manufacturing Directions while maintaining compliance with all job related SOPs
- Execute CIP Processes in manufacturing lines
- Operate cleaning equipment, utilizing SOP and documentation to record data manually or through identified software applications.
- Access and understand use of Blue Mountain CMMS program to complete periodic scheduled PM's.
- Work with all manufacturing lines to improve current cleaning applications and processes.
- Communicate to the designated manager inventory updates weekly.
- Perform and document all processes and procedures in a timely manner, while maintaining compliance with all company and regulatory agency regulations
- Document work flow into Blue Mountain to close out outstanding work orders per SOP for all team members.
- Provide assistance with the review and revision of Manufacturing Directions and SOPs necessary for the manufacture and packaging of product.
- Assist with manufacturing deviation analysis, CAPA actions and other process equipment related quality concerns
- Maintain all work areas in a well-organized, clean and tidy manner at all times in compliance with cGMP requirements
- Perform all job functions and responsibilities in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ensure compliance of co-workers with all safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Appropriately use PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) as required to perform routine and non-routine duties.
- Promote cooperation and alignment within your team and cross functionally to promote Standard Work and process improvement.
- Oversee Tool and equipment inventory counts, identify re-order limits and supplies for manufacturing process lines.
- Generate and analyze reports, forecast production schedule equipment needs and KPI's dealing with addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Assist with executing validation protocols associated with manufacturing equipment and procedures including revalidation as scheduled or required to maintain systems in a validated state to include working with other department.
- Interpret data, identify problems, and formulate proper decisions.
- Use of computers and Microsoft Office tools to communicate shift summaries or follow up through e-mail.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management
Studies and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a regulated production/operations environment required
- Associates Degree in an applicable or Technical field or Vocational / Technical School with 2 years experience in a regulated production/operations environment preferred
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated proficiency in the operation of high speed, highly automated, production equipment preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience in following OSHA regulations (LOTO, electrical safety, etc.) and ISO 14001 & 45001 preferred.
- Knowledge of FDA and/or GMP regulations preferred.
- Ability to rapidly learn new procedures and reduce them to practice.
- Demonstrated experience of working independently
- Attention to detail and the ability to accurately interpret technical documentation
- Ability to express ideas clearly (verbal and written) and ability to work from verbal and written instructions, manuals, work orders and specifications.
- Performs all job functions and responsibilities in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ability to regularly climb stairs to perform work.
- Ability to operate motorized pallet jacks.
- May be exposed to and require the handling of chemicals, antibiotics and/or hazardous materials.
- May be exposed to strong odors incurred during media production or other operations.
- Job Duties are performed wearing various types of PPE and cGMP which include but are not limited to a hairnet, beard cover, safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection, gloves, PAPR, face mask and lab coat. Make-up and jewelry are prohibited in certain areas of Manufacturing
- Ability to maintain reliable and punctual attendance
- Ability to work overtime as required to support a 24/7 production operation
BioMérieux Inc. and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioMérieux’s or its affiliates’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).