At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a HVAC Technician!Position Summary:Installs, maintains, and repairs heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems. Monitors HVAC systems and operations, including the BMS and ensures that routine preventive maintenance is performed according to established schedules. Checks, repairs and/or replaces valves, motors, controls, switches, gauges, wiring, fans, pumps, compressors, condensers, cores, pipes and other functional components of the system. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Adapts procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position. Duties and tasks reflect variety and complexity. Assignments can be broad in nature and may require originality and ingenuity. May serve as a resource to others in the resolution of problems and issues. Works under general supervision. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals. May orient, train, assign and check the work of lower level employees.
Studies and Experience:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Support general facilities activities in all areas of HVAC and other areas as required.
- Perform all job duties under the direction and supervision of higher level staff.
- Install, repair, and replace maintain building HVAC equipment, including air compressors and dryers, vacuum pumps and steam generators.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance activities.
- Inspects facilities and equipment.
- Work effectively with outside vendors and contractors.
- Communicate effectively and professionally.
- Cooperate with other technicians in completing assigned job duties.
- Work from drawings, email, electronic systems and/or verbal instructions using a variety of hand and power tools.
- Safely operate company vehicles.
- Chemical water treatment testing
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Vocational training in a related field preferred.
- Holds appropriate licenses as may be required by law
- Minimum of 4-10 years of related experience and/or training
- Good communication, both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Valid Utah’s driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- Blueprint reading for building systems
- Ability to safely lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to safely climb ladders
- Ability to follow clean room gowning protocols and move throughout the facility.