At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager!
The Financial Planning & Analysis Manager is the business partner for our Molecular Research and Development and Medical Affairs teams and will lead the performance monitoring, manage the budget process and support the strategic plan and portfolio process for this growing business.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the management and oversight of the R&D Controlling team
- Manage budget, forecast and strategic plan processes for all Molecular R&D and Medical Affairs teams
- Collaborate with department heads to support consistent and accurate reporting for R&D budgets. Work with HR business partners to build and monitor the workforce budget.
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and year-end close process for R&D and Medical Affairs. Ensure that financial rules and procedures are followed by the business and are in line with corporate processes.
- Oversee analysis and reporting for R&D and Medical Affairs scope, including project analysis, and provide ad-hoc reporting to support management in decision-making.
- Oversee the preparation of cost proposals, project budgets, and forecasts for R&D related activities
- Support the tax team with the R&D Tax Credit Analysis
- Oversee R&D grant cost proposals, financial reporting, grant fund drawdowns, payment follow-ups and the grant audit when grants are received.
- Participate in global finance initiatives
- Perform all work in compliance with company quality procedures and standards
Training and Education
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or related field
At least 5+ years’ experience in the Finance/Accounting field with experience in financial planning and analysis. Budgeting experience strongly preferred.
Advanced MS Excel, Word, and Powerpoint skills necessary
SAP knowledge preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare and present data in a clear manner
- Ability to work with diverse teams of people
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Self-starter with a desire to develop and evolve in a dynamic global company