Primary Purpose and Overall Objective of the Job:
Partner with Sales to contribute to the success of tenders and commercial operations. In charge of providing insightful and strategic analysis as well as drafting documents that are aligned with bioMérieux’s approved guidelines and our customers’ needs and requirements.
- Manage/lead the preparation of commercial quotes and response to tenders:
- Work closely with Sales and other stakeholders (Marketing, Service, Finance, etc.) and coordinate with all parties involved to ensure project timescales and needs are met;
- Prepare and review documents and prices and get all necessary approvals;
- In charge of the entire tender process from scouting to contract governance (including contract amendments and renewals);
- Ensure compliance with all corporate policies and local regulations;
- Provide analysis insight to ensure quotes/response to tenders are aligned with strategic Customer account management.
- Proactively monitor and strive to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in all activities.
- Facilitate an organization of continuous improvement:
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement and increased efficiency;
- Assist Sales and other stakeholders in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies;
- Work closely with Sales to optimize the effectiveness of the CRM;
- Monitor the accuracy and efficient distribution of reports and other intelligence essential to Sales. Recommend revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Gatekeeper of system data:
- Maintain pricing, Customer master data, and contracts in SAP;
- Ensure CRM data is entered/maintained correctly to help support sales forecast accuracy.
- Support Sales in achieving financial and profitability objectives.
Typical Studies-Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Business or comparable experience.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in a similar activity and domain.
- Knowledge and experience of Canadian healthcare systems is an asset
- Skills and Qualifications:
- Fluent English and French communication skills (verbal and written)
- Customer focus. Team player.
- Strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Analysis, detail-oriented, accuracy, and organization.
- Excellent communication skills in both French and English, oral and written.
- Proficient with MS Office, ERP (SAP), CRM (Salesforce).
- Ability to work in a national environment.
- Good knowledge of laws on public procurement.
Scope and Resources Accountability, Typical Performance Indicators:
- Scope and Resources Accountability: National scope, Tender portfolio: number of tenders, bids, offers. Number of contract renewals per year.
- Financial Indicators (revenue, budget, etc.): Tender budget; % of tender turnover vs total turnover of the entity.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): On-time delivery, positive response rate, quality and data accuracy.
- Key Contacts (internal/external) and Interfaces: Customers, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, and Sales Admin teams.