Location: Saint Louis, United States
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Manufacturing
A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 11 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City-based BioFire Diagnostics and one subsidiary in Montreal, Canada.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
The Group Lead directs assigned workforce to meet goals of the department. This position is responsible to the Manager of Instrument Manufacturing for the efficient operation of assigned area(s), including participating in the direct labor function of the department when necessary. Is responsible for scheduling and overseeing the daily tasks of instrument manufacturing employees. Provides coaching, feedback, guidance, and training to employees, ensuring an engaged and skilled workforce.
1. Responsible for making sure the daily meeting is conducted and team is involved.
2. Assigns tasks to the work force in order to meet work order completion dates as driven by customer orders.
3. Responsible for establishment of work teams for overlapping coverage.
4. Assures work force is trained according to established procedures.
5. Responsible for performance management for all direct reports (goal setting, feedback, etc., including issuing corrective action as needed). Uses active communication / listen to contribute to employee engagement.
6. Consistently upholds all company policies and procedures, including adherence to safety practices, ensuring team members do the same.
7. Instructs work force to ensure that all device history records are complete and accurate.
8. Assists in the development of new procedures as needed.
9. Works with the department Manager to assure compliance with ISO, FDA, or other guidelines.
10. Identifies continuous improvement opportunities within assigned work area. Ensures that 5S audits are maintained.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
1. Supervisory experience with emphasis on team leadership and people skills is required.
2. Requires a minimum of 3-4 years in a manufacturing environment, with exposure to leading and participating in teams. Experience in manufacturing of electro-mechanical devices is preferred.
3. Associates Degree is preferred but may be offset by relevant years of experience.
4. Some knowledge of OSHA, GMP and ISO is required. Knowledge of 5S / LEAN manufacturing principles is a plus.
5. Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable training others.
6. Requires proficiency in the use of computers, including Microsoft Office package (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
BioMérieux Inc. and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioMérieux’s or its affiliates’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).