A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. Position Summary:Working with an established style guide, the MarCom Content Writer II will collaborate with and receive direction from senior creative staff to produce compelling messaging and content that supports bioMérieux objectives and strategies. The Content Writer II will write copy for a variety of formats, including marketing collateral, print ads, digital ad banners, search engine optimized (SEO) web content, blog posts, bylines, and tradeshow materials. The Content Writer II will assist with collateral development from conceptualization through execution while upholding strict brand identity standards across all marketing materials in a very exacting and time-sensitive environment. An understanding and expertise in traditional writing skills and experience with the nuances of marketing and social media writing will be crucial to produce on-brand, compelling, educational, and persuasive content to raise awareness about the company, elevate our profile, and draw attention to the impact of our products, technology, and research.Responsibilities:
In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 11 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City-based BioFire Diagnostics and one subsidiary in Montreal, Canada.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture as a Content Writer!
- Work as a member of an action team that include designers, multi-media professionals, and project coordinators
- Collaborate with all internal departments to write clear, concise, and grammatically correct copy for print, digital, and multi-media projects.
- Participate in or lead creative brainstorming meetings.
- Write strategic social media content that reflects the bioMérieux voice and brand and drives engagement while staying on-brand.
- Produce accurate, error-free content that maintains consistent voice and style.
- Thoroughly understand and execute on all brand rules and guidelines.
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts.
- Edit copy associated with marketing materials and communication outlets to ensure accuracy and maintain branding requirements.
- Be confident in handling multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, autonomous environment including some tasks that may fall outside of the realm of copy writing and content creation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of the bioMérieux Quality System.
Studies and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 years of relevant experience
- 3+ years professional writing experience in marketing, communications, advertising, or similar fields. Digital marketing experience a plus.
- Experience with medical and/or regulated products a big plus.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Some familiarity with Adobe Create Suite programs preferred but not required.
- Unwavering attention to detail, accuracy, and consistency.
- Familiarity with commonly used style guides.
- Ability to easily adapt to rapid changes while working within an extensive, regulated process.
- Ability to work with diverse personalities and teams.
- Remaining up to date of emerging social media and digital content trends.
- Willingness to make multiple edits, updates, and changes with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot and find solutions to problems that may arise.
- Self-motivated, and able to manage time effectively.
- Ability to complete work quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to stay positive and calm in stressful situations.
- Critical listening skills and an ability to recognize important and high-level information.
- Can effectively work as part of a team, contribute positively to the team with a helpful and respectful attitude.
- Ability to remain in stationary position, often standing, for prolonged periods.