Location: Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Other
A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 11 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City-based BioFire Diagnostics and one subsidiary in Montreal, Canada.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture as a Project Manager.
bioMerieux’s Project Managers support numerous internal projects ranging in complexity and duration. Specifically, Project Managers in Template Control drive efforts that impact several areas including manufacturing process improvement, innovation, and logistics. To keep Template Control projects moving forward, project managers facilitate numerous project discussions: we drive project meetings, plan/scope project deliverables, collaborate across departments, identify project risks, monitor/report project timelines/progress, and serve as representatives for the Template Control team.
As a Project Manager in Template Control, a typical day might include the following:
The most important core values of our project management team are transparency, trust, clear communication, and fun. Our job is to support project teams as they implement project deliverables efficiently and building trust and strong, lasting relationships allows us to do that. The Project Management team in Template Control is currently composed of several individuals with varying backgrounds and experience that include Animal Science, IT management, Biotechnology, Quality Assurance, and Biophysics. One of the most important qualities shared by all the team members is a desire to improve their collaboration, facilitation, and team leadership skill sets.
This job might be for you if:
You are very interested in the intricacies of communication, how to improve communication channels, and remove obstacles to clear communication. You enjoy exploring new ways to tailor communication for the given context or situation.
Collaboration is high on your must-do list. You enjoy engaging individuals and groups to align on a common goal. You understand how to read the environment and context of each project and determine how that may affect project members and project efficiency.
You enjoy strategizing how to align multiple dependencies to ensure actions occur at the right time and the right place. You work to understand the bigger picture and how the detailed work you are leading fits into that picture.
You are motivated by an ever evolving and dynamic project environment in which priorities can shift quickly.
You see problems/issues not as obstacles but more like opportunities for improvement and advancement of the project.
You have a never-ending desire to improve professionally and personally.
What you need:
• Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, business, or a related field.
• Willing to pursue and obtain project management training and/or certification within 4 years of hire.
• Certification in Kaizen, Six Sigma, Lean 6S, or similar preferred.
• Minimum 2 years in a role which included project-based work.
• Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams.
• Technical writing experience preferred.
• Experience in the medical device industry and knowledge of cGMP/cGLP/QSR/ISO a plus.
Other qualifications we would like you to have:
• Familiar with a variety of concepts, theories, and procedures in project and program management best practices, and agile in the creative application of appropriate and effective tools to accomplish department goals and initiatives
• Demonstrate practiced managerial skills, including computer literacy in database, spreadsheet, project management, and word processing software
• Structure time effectively, maintain exceptional organization, and efficiently balance multiple and complex concurrent projects in alignment with company priorities
• Master validation strategies as they pertain to the medical device manufacturing industry
• Ability to write reports and manufacturing procedures in conjunction with SMEs
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Interest in developing high-level business judgment and clear communication with cross-functional teams and others at all organizational levels
• Familiar with business etiquette, interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and successful professional relationships.