Assistant Facilities Manager - Weekend
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Facilities & HSE
A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 44 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network. This includes our SLC site, formerly known as BioFire Diagnostics.
Description BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is looking for an Assistant Facilities Manager to join our growing team! Assists Facilities Manager with overall physical facilities operation and leadership of facilities staff. Direct responsibility for management and oversight of the daily operations of at least two BioFire Diagnostics’ physical facilities - West Manufacturing and West Warehouse. Fills in during Facilities Manager absences.
Assists Facilities Manager with overall physical facilities operation and leadership of facilities staff. Direct responsibility for management and oversight of the daily operations of at least two BioFire Diagnostics’ physical facilities - West Manufacturing and West Warehouse. Fills in during Facilities Manager absences.
PLEASE NOTE: The working schedule for this position is Friday - Monday.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
2. Assists Facilities Manager with overall physical facilities operation and leadership of facilities staff.
3. Oversees all facilities operations for two or more West Campus BioFire locations.
4. Provides leadership and support to all trades staff and facilities team.
5. Contracts with outside vendors for required services to keep facilities operational.
6. Once construction is complete, leads the West Manufacturing day shift operations and maintenance team, as well as setup workflow for the swing shift and graveyard team.
7. Provides input and recommendations for hiring, development, management, performance and growth of west campus departmental staff with the input of Facilities Management.
8. Assists Facilities Manager with reconciliation of facility expenditures and management of established building budgets.
9. Principal Biofire representative on the new building commissioning team to ensure building meets the design specifications
10. Establishes a rapport with all departments to complete work in a timely manner, focusing on the production team needs.
11. Supports the Facilities Manager and fill-in at other SLC locations as needed.
12. Prioritize projects and daily requests and assign to internal team or external resources.
13. Foster a team mentality in all members, distribute tasks and work in a manner which leads to success.
14. Select and or use in place outside vendors for various jobs outside of the Facilities team scope.
15. Hiring, development, management and performance of the west side facilities team.
16. Ability to quickly assess what can be done in house versus what should be contracted.
17. Communicate with overall Facilities Manager to share resources across sites.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
19. Available to respond to emergency situations or delegate coverage to team members. Periodically work other shifts to provide coverage, support, and training for other sub-groups in the department. Experience in one or more trades is preferable, but not essential. Formal education may be substituted for experience in a trade.
20. May assist VP of Facilities with new construction or renovation of BioFire facilities.
Training and Education:
Bachelor’s degree in construction or facilities maintenance, or related certification (CFM, FMP, CHFM, PMP) desired, or equivalent experience as a Facilities Manger substituted for education.
5 or more years as a Facility Manager or increasing responsibilities in a related position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Demonstrate skills and experience in supervising, or leading 10 or more trades’ staff or a medium sized broader facilities team.
2. Excellent communication skills both written, electronic, and verbal.
3. Responsive and diligent interactions with a broad array of customers within the company.
4. Ability to problem solve in stressful situations and delegate to team members.
5. Sufficient knowledge of trades work to be able to assign work accordingly.
6. Proficient with MS Office, email, and working knowledge of facilities management software or security software a plus.
7. Ability to read and understand blueprints both hard copy and electronic, and BAS monitoring a plus.
Ability to move throughout the facility and follow clean room protocols, Moderate lifting on occasion.
BioMérieux Inc. and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioMérieux’s or its affiliates’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).