A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 44 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
Primary Purpose and Overall Objectives:
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field-based resource that supports the scientific medical strategy of High Medical Value (HMV) bioMérieux diagnostic solutions, by proving and communicating their value across the entire patient’s journey and to a broad set of stakeholders.
The MSL function is intended to support investigator-initiated research (IIR) studies, spread evidence-based outcome data to Healthcare Practitioners (HCPs) and collect critical insights about clinical practice within a geographic area. In addition, the MSL partners with key influencing (KI) stakeholders and facilitates their engagement in bioMérieux-sponsored collaboration initiatives. Specific activities may include supporting access.
The MSL acts as a field-based reference point for scientific and clinical expertise to the customer-facing functions, such as Field Application Specialist (FAS) and Sales colleagues, and ensure contribution for the achievement of their business objectives.
The MSL reports to the Adriatic Cluster Medical Affairs Head and is accountable of HMV IVD portfolio solutions (syndromic testing, AMR/AMS and Sepsis) within a specific geographic area (North-East, North-West, Center and South Italy).
- Develop and maintain the highest scientific and medical knowledge in the relevant fields and be acknowledged internally and externally as an expert
- Deliver high quality medical education presentations in a variety of settings (F2F and Hospital Meetings)
- Ensure all the stakeholders’ questions/concerns are answered/addressed in a timely, accurate and balanced way
- Support healthcare institutions in defining and deploying the most appropriate diagnostic recommendations, based on data availability, context and guidelines
- Facilitate the intra-departmental collaboration within healthcare institutions (i.e. between the Laboratory and clinicians) to set up local diagnostic flow charts, maximize the cost-effectiveness of bioMérieux solutions and ensure their proper adoption
- Engage HCPs in bi-directional scientific exchanges, collect insights on patient's journey and current clinical practices, and obtain valuable feedbacks on bioMérieux diagnostic solutions to be shared with internal stakeholders
- Understand customers’ needs and expectations and ensure internal functions support those needs
- Drive the identification, mapping and profiling of KI stakeholders
- Create and maintain collaborative relationships with National/Regional Opinion Leaders (OLs) and other external stakeholders, including scientific professional organizations
- Build advocacy and develop a speakers bureau who talks on behalf of the Company at congresses and other scientific events
- Establish centers of excellence as benchmark for other sites to model
- Train and scientifically advise internal stakeholders [i.e. mentoring and shadowing Clinical Education Managers (CEMs)]
- Develop/review/validate the scientific content of educational materials
- Support market access activities, in order to develop Regional Diagnostic-Therapeutic Pathway
- Contribute to manage company-sponsored post-market studies, showing high confidence in handling all the phases of the process, including site identification, feasibility assessment and monitoring
- Support investigator-initiated trials (IITs) in line with global strategy and according to Medtech requirements and bioMérieux SOPs
Qualifications: Education and Work Experience, Skills and Competencies:
- Medical Doctor (ideally in either Infectious Diseases or Clinical Microbiology) OR University scientific degree (PhD in a research science would be desired), with at least At least 4 years of professional experience within pharma or IVD industry in Medical Affairs functions.
- Previous experience in a MSL Field Medical based position is also preferred.
- Expertise in Infectious Diseases and/or Clinical Microbiology is preferred, along with a strong KOLs network and a solid reputation within the scientific community
- Expertise in handling clinical trials and knowledge of National clinical research legislation is a plus
- Expertise in reviewing and analyzing scientific literature
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Business acumen
- Customer orientation
- Excellent planning and execution capabilities to drive for results
- Extensive interpersonal skills and ability to work in cross-functional teams
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.