A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 44 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
What will your responsibilities be within bioMérieux?
The Brand Manager will be responsible for the Benelux marketing activities for the BioFire product range which includes instruments, reagents, software and related services. The BioFire Brand Manager will also be responsible for designing and implementing a market strategy to ensure continued growth and profitability for bioMérieux amid a dynamic and competitive marketplace
This position is a field based role with approximately 40-50% travel in the Benelux territory.
Main accountabilities include:
- Provide strategic and operational marketing support for Benelux and contribute towards the achievement of commercial targets for the product range through strategic marketing
- Develop Marketing Plans: prepare and propose commercial targets and manage revenues and profitability for the BioFire product range
- Spend time in the field on a regular basis (40-50% of time) to prepare compelling and credible ‘why buy’ messaging and argumentation as well as market test before market product launch.
- Support the other functions within the organisation, in order to back up the offer designed by Marketing; check that the plan and organisation of these functions are adequate to deliver the designed offer. (Ex: sales forecasts, logistics, sales administration etc.).
- Launch of new products/instrument/services and take ownership of these launches and when ready transfer the knowledge to the sales force.
- Partner with Commercial teams, Global and EME Marketing, and to contribute and participate in UK, Cluster and Corporate meetings, local customer, user group and international congress and symposia.
- Develop a network with Key Opinion Leaders and Key Vision Leaders and act as an ambassador for bioMérieux with internal and external customers.
Who are you?
Studies and experience :
- Higher scientific education (Masters, PhD)
- 5 years’ minimum sales and/or marketing experience in Life Science (IVD or Pharmaceuticals) – molecular or infectious disease would be a plus
- Good knowledge of the competition, understanding of our customers (public/private laboratories) & local reimbursement mechanisms as appropriate
Skills and competencies:
- Understanding of microbiology, molecular and virology workflow
- Ability to discuss with KOL and KVL as peers and to design and deliver presentations and organise local meetings and events.
- Comfortable working within an international matrix organization.
- Emotionally intelligent, flexible team player, analytical in thinking with a customer focus whilst being result oriented
- High level of autonomy and also be comfortable working as part of a team
- Fluent English and Dutch, knowledge of French would be appreciated
- Knowledge of MS Office
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.