Location: Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Position Type: Temp
Job Function: Software Development
A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 11 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City-based BioFire Diagnostics and one subsidiary in Montreal, Canada.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture as a Business Analyst Intern!
The Internal Software Business Analyst Intern is part of the Internal Business Software team and participates in writing project requirements and managing small project efforts related to our applications. This person will work with internal development teams and create strong relationships with our stakeholders. The Analyst is aware of software development processes and the different systems that could be used in the development process. Also, the Analyst works on projects to provide value to the organization. During the internship, the Analyst learns IT principles, requirement gathering and documentation best practices. They will also learn processes to research, design, test, and debug applications. Their work involves adhering to strategies, policies, and standards associated with our Internal Business Software team.
To excel in this role, the Analyst will have a detailed mindset and be able to understand technical concepts and industry regulations. Their ability to work as part of a team, utilizing effective time management, effectively document processes, be organized in their work, and communicating effectively will lead to their success in this position.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform all work in compliance with company standards, policies and guidelines related to bioMerieux's internal software - manufacturing team.
2. Understand bioMerieux's technical and scientific mission and learn technical and functional components of bioMerieux.
3. Participate and collaborate with various teams in the department.
4. Support requirements and development through the different phases of the project life cycle and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
5. Work with department teams to gain an understanding of their needs and contribute to solutions that meet their goals/objectives.
6. Create requirement and process documentation.
7. Complete work for other projects and activities as assigned and work with minimal supervision in a remote environment.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Training and Education:
• Junior or Senior level At least three years of course work towards a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Software Development, Business, or related degree and actively enrolled in a university program.
• May also be an advanced degree/MBA candidate.
Experience:• Some professional experience preferred
• Ability to understand system application and infrastructure terms and processes, along with how they relate to the business processes.
• Understand software development best practices.
• Attention to detail, with an emphasis on accuracy and completeness.
• Ability to communicate effectively, and capture requirement details.
• Able to complete objectives with little supervision.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite. Experience with flow chart software preferred.