Primary Purpose and Overall Objective of the Job:
Manage and drive the delivery of all bioMerieux middleware solutions to include the coordination of installation, maintenance and repair of the middleware solution, LIS interfaces, networking, device relationship management, data management software, customer training, and integration projects. Coordinates service and development efforts with customers, technical support, LIS vendors, project teams, marketing and R&D. Performs all administrative actions required to accurately reflect these activities in the project management software tool and the CRM system. Contribute to overall financial goals of Customer Support Operations.
Installation and Servicing
- Manage bioMerieux middleware projects by coordinating key external technical IT resources and internal technical resources to effectively deliver the desired IT solution.
- Deliver the installation of the middleware solution to the customer facility and/or data center to ensure proper networking and fully functional operation.
- Drive connection of the bioMerieux middleware solution to customer Laboratory Information Systems by coordinating resources internally and externally.
- Installs all Lab IT, middleware and data management solutions sold by bioMerieux, and trains customers in proper methods of operation, maintenance and basic repair procedures.
- Diagnoses and repairs system malfunctions utilizing remote and on site tools to ensure system operates optimally in all performance areas.
- Maintains close contact with customers to ensure problems are corrected before leading to customer dissatisfaction.
Administrative/Project Management Requirements
- Completes Service Reports and Quality Assurance Checklists for each customer contact in order to accurately document system, customer or test related problems. Corrects problems encountered or formulates a corrective action plan which is outlined for customer during time of contact.
- Accurate and timely documentation in CRM system.
Field Training/Technical Assistance
- Delivers customer end-user training on bioMerieux middleware solution and associated connected systems
- Provides on-site technical assistance to internal customers (Field Sales, Field Service, Technical Support Center) via correspondence, phone and in person as appropriate to diagnose difficult connectivity problems as required.
- Serve as a consultant, trainer and coach for coworkers, taking on a leadership role when requested by management and/or as needed
Studies and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Medical/Laboratory Technology, Information Technology, Information System, Computer Science, a related technical field or combination of equivalent experience and technical certifications.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years previous experience in support of LIS interfaces, LIS/LIMS administrator, networking support, servers, software applications, hardware, middleware and computers
- Minimum 2 - 3 years previous experience as a Lab/Medical Technologist or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 - 3 years previous end-user and/or support experience with systems marketed by bioMerieux
- Experienced in resolving customer networking, server, and/or LIS problems and providing a high level of customer satisfaction.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent Communication skills (fluent in French and English)
- Must be able to work independently, effectively multitask to meet deadlines and competing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Proficient in Windows and MS Office, Project Management software, host/remote communications, VMware and network systems.
- Exhibit good interpersonal and diplomacy skills, excellent verbal and written capabilities through previous experiences such as teaching, sales, or management.
- Exhibit good decision-making ability, including problem resolution.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport
Scope and Resources Accountability:
- Scope and Resources Accountability: Accomplish annual organizational objectives.
- Financial Indicators (revenue, budget, etc.): Departmental OPEX and Revenue generation
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Customer Satisfaction, Projects Completed, Implementations Completed
- Key Contacts (internal/external) and Interfaces: All necessary internal and external contacts needed to resolve customer questions or complaints