A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 11 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City-based BioFire Diagnostics and one subsidiary in Montreal, Canada.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture as a Custodial Supervisor!
Supervises custodial activities throughout the company and its buildings during an assigned shift.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Coordinates custodial activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of the custodial team.
- Assists in hiring qualified employees by participating in the interview process and making recommendations regarding the applicant, ensuring equal employment opportunity in hiring and promotion.
- Accurately appraise strengths and weaknesses, provide constructive feedback, reinforce individual and team performance.
- Identifies staff training needs and ensures that training is obtained and kept current.
- Performs regular quality control inspections and provides feedback to employees about their performance.
- Communicates and coordinates with peers effectively and on a regular basis.
- Assists with inventory and equipment needs of all buildings.
- Enforces BioFire rules and policies regarding employee conduct.
- Provides professional and prompt response of custodial requests made by BioFire personnel.
- Identifies and resolves workplace problems and reports to management.
- Perform cleaning and decontamination procedures upon the request of Reagent Production Management.
- Must be able to perform duties wearing a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR).
Studies and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have 3+ years prior experience supervising employees.
- Custodial background preferred but not required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of the practices and chemical use applicable to custodial work.
- Knowledge of supervisory techniques, personnel policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of the qualities, adaptabilities, and uses of common tools, equipment, and materials used in cleaning and maintenance activities.
- Knowledge of methods used in the cleaning of buildings.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of employee policies and procedures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Proactive organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work effectively alone.
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs. on a repetitive basis.
- Must be able to stand, lift, bend, walk for reasonable amounts of time.
- Must be able to perform all duties wearing a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR).