A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. Position Summary
In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 11 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City-based BioFire Diagnostics and one subsidiary in Montreal, Canada.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture as an Associate Director!
The role of the Associate Director of Project Portfolio Management is to provide consistency and best practices in the management of BioFire Molecular R&D programs and projects. The role requires continued management and optimization of current processes and tools used by program managers for project, program, and portfolio activities. This position works with Program Management leadership to establish strategy for processes, project and portfolio tracking tools (e.g. Explor), training, and standards to support strategic planning, budgeting, execution, and reporting of projects and programs within the BioFire Molecular portfolio. This role leads department processes for recruiting, onboarding, and development planning for the PM team.The Associate Director of Project Portfolio Management is the direct manager of the Portfolio Specialist and Office Coordinator positions. Responsibilities
Studies and Experience
- Implement best practices to be used by program managers in terms of project, program, and portfolio management.
- Coordinate tools for reporting of project milestones through universal dashboards that contribute to the overall portfolio at the program level.
- Partner with Program Management leadership to create specific KPIs required to measure performance of programs; contribute to other functional KPIs as needed.
- Assist project and program team members in the application of procedures, tool use, and reporting standards.
- Develop and support effective cross-functional project and program communication alongside Program Management leadership.
- Develop and support strategic road-map for launch and maintenance of project tracking tools for the BioFire Molecular RD teams.
- Work with Program Management leadership to develop and support best practice training and development for the team.
- Monitor, refine, and update Program Manager training curriculum and development plan/performance review process.
- Maintain and coordinate updates to HR-related documents including performance rubrics, job descriptions, and job postings.
- Support Program Management department recruiting and onboarding processes to foster functional excellence.
Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree accepted with relevant work experience
- PMI certification required, Program or Portfolio management professional a plus
- Bachelor’s degree accepted with minimum of 2 years experience managing programs and project portfolios.
- Experience working to coordinate projects and programs within a portfolio. Experience working with medical device regulatory requirements. Experience developing and managing people. Experience establishing corporate level procedures.
- Experience with project portfolio management and related tools.
- Knowledge of timeline and budgeting best practices.
- Comfortable leading a team in goal-setting and strategic planning.
- Organization and extreme attention to detail.
- Knowledge of BioFire Molecular products, design control, risk management, and change control.
- Self-motivated, and able to manage time effectively.
- Can effectively work as part of a team and supports the team with a helpful attitude.
- Clear and transparent verbal and written communication.
- Critical listening skills, and an ability to recognize important and high-level information.
- Ability to stay positive and calm in stressful situations.
- Ability to adjust to changes in scheduling, and general flexibility in the work environment.
- Ability to complete work quickly and efficiently.
- Critical and innovative thinker.
- Comfortable making decisions.
- Ability to see multiple perspectives.