A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. In North America we have more than 5,000 team members across 11 sites or subsidiaries, including Salt Lake City-based BioFire Diagnostics and one subsidiary in Montreal, Canada.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture as an Associate Program Manager!
Associate Program Manager runs a small suite of projects (called a program) related to product development and/or production. Associate Program Manager may work alongside a program manager to complete program-related tasks, including agendas and meeting minutes, creating presentations for program meetings, writing and reviewing design control/change management documentation, facilitating stakeholder communication, and other relevant tasks. Associate Program Manager should feel comfortable with leading many program management tasks without the help of the program manager. Additionally, Associate Program Manager should have a working knowledge of design control, change control, and risk management as they relate to medical device development and/or production.
Associate Program Manager will manage small-to-medium programs independently or will work under a program manager on a larger, more complex program. Associate Program Manager should be comfortable with public speaking and delegation, be able to condense information into a cohesive plan, and be able to effectively communicate and execute plans. May participate in mentoring new or less experienced members of the program team.
Studies and Experience
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Assist with program communication to align stakeholders and track goals/milestones.
- Run program meetings independently.
- Present program-related updates to large groups.
- Own program-related tasks, including (but not limited to): meeting minutes, timeline updates, and presentation preparation.
- Utilize knowledge of BioFire products, design control, risk management and change control to draft project proposals, design input documentation, project plans, schedules, presentations, technical reviews, etc.
- Analyze relevant project information (e.g., project status, project issues, etc.); suggest solutions to potential roadblocks.
- Maintain project documentation; ensure that appropriate documentation is complete at project close.
- Communicate with program stakeholders to assess and meet program milestones.
- Use knowledge of the change control process to assist with impact analyses for changes in assigned program.
- Independently draft simple risk management plans and/or risk assessments.
- Build relationships with program stakeholders.
- Gather information on program stakeholders’ wants/needs.
- Independently manage small-to-medium programs.
- Teach and/or mentor other members of the team.
- Navigate design history file (DHF) documentation in an audit (with guidance).
- Navigate workflows of other business units/departments to execute a successful project or program.
- Propose new ideas/solutions to program manager(s).
- Owns one of the following: project plan, design change notice (DCN), or technical review.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- B.S. in life science, engineering, or equivalent technical field a plus
- PMP certification a plus
- At least three years of project or program coordinator/management experience. Experience working for a medical device company a plus.
- Intermediate knowledge of BioFire products, design control, risk management, and change control.
- Self-motivated, and able to manage time effectively.
- Can effectively work as part of a team and supports the team with a helpful attitude.
- Clear and transparent verbal and written communication.
- Critical listening skills, and an ability to recognize important and high-level information.
- Ability to stay positive and calm in stressful situations.
- Ability to adjust to changes in scheduling, and general flexibility in the work environment.
- Organization and extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to complete work quickly and efficiently.
- Critical and innovative thinker.
- Confidence without arrogance.
- Ability to understand multiple perspectives.
- Inquisitive and eager to learn.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Forward thinking.