Electrician II - Weekend Night Shift
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Facilities & HSE
Description Position Summary:Repairs, installs, replaces and tests electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances. Uses hand tools and testing instruments. Inspects and tests electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication, and power circuits. Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors and other electrical equipment using testing instruments such as ammeter, ohmmeter, voltmeter, testing lamp, or growler. Replaces faulty switches, sockets, and other elements of electrical systems. Dismantles electrical machinery and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts such as gears, brushes, and armatures. Mounts motors, transformers and lighting fixtures into position and completes circuits according to diagram specifications. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Inspects completed work for conformance with requirements of local building and safety codes. Estimates time and material costs on electrical projects. Requisitions new electrical supplies and equipment. Applies advanced skills to the position or specialization. Adapts procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position. Duties and tasks reflect variety and complexity. Assignments can be broad in nature and may require originality and ingenuity. May serve as a resource to others in the resolution of problems and issues. Works under general supervision. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals. May orient, train, assign and check the work of lower level employees.Responsibilities:
Studies and Experience:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Support general facilities activities in areas of electrical and other areas as required.
- Perform all job duties under the direction and supervision of higher level staff.
- Install, repair, and replace building electrical equipment.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance activities.
- Inspects facilities and equipment.
- Fill in with light janitorial support as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Work effectively with outside vendors and contractors.
- Communicate effectively and professionally.
- Cooperate with other technicians in completing assigned job duties.
- Work from drawings, email, electronic systems and/or verbal instructions using a variety of hand and power tools.
- Safely operate company vehicles.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Journeyman certificate required.
- Minimum 4 years of related experience at the apprentice level or higher.
- Valid Utah’s driver’s license
- Good driving record
- Blueprint reading for building systems
- Good communication, both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Will be required to work/drive in adverse weather conditions (e.g. rain, snow, cold, heat, etc.).
- Must be able to safely lift 75lbs without assistance including the ability to lift 50lbs or more overhead.
- Must be able to work 75% of the time while standing and/or actively working.
- Ability to go up and down ladders.
- Ability to follow clean room gowning protocols and move throughout the facility.