Security Technician D Shift
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Facilities & HSE
A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 44 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network. This includes our SLC site, formerly known as BioFire Diagnostics.
Position SummaryThis position will serve as a member of the facilities team reporting primarily to the Security Supervisor and secondarily to the Security Manager. The position will perform general security duties to protect the company’s assets and employees relative to theft, assault, fire, and other safety and facility issues.Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Observe for signs of crime and suspicious activities and report to the proper company departments.
- Secure premises by completing patrols internal and external to the buildings and document activities in a written log and/or electronic application due at the conclusion of each shift. The patrols will include building access points, general grounds, and may include monitoring surveillance equipment.
- Complete and submits shift reports by recording observations, information, and surveillance activities. The shift report is due at the conclusion of each shift.
- Immediately respond to emergencies to provide necessary assistance to employees and site visitors.
- Obtain certification in First Aid/CPR/AED and be prepared to render aid to the level of your training.
- Operate equipment used to clear roadways, parking areas, and walking paths after a snowfall.
- Assist facilities and HSE teams with miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
Training, Education, and Experience
- Contact Supervisor in emergencies or with unusual situations.
- Contact campus or SLC Police for support
- May work nights, swing shift and weekends
- Work alone
- Work outside patrolling day and night
- Not armed
- Will be required to obtain state certification as an unarmed security guard
- May be assigned to work at multiple locations in the Salt Lake Valley
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Unarmed Security Guard certification required within 3 months of hire date
- Must obtain First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- 0-2 years
- Basic computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Ability to drive snow removal equipment and have a good driving record
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to make good decisions with available information
- Must obtain a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record
Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time, lift up to 40 lbs., walk on even and uneven surfaces and stairs, have fine motor coordination, ability to pass a respirator fit test, and have ability to gown for clean room environments.
BioMérieux Inc. and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioMérieux’s or its affiliates’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).